Heyva Sor a Kurdistane was founded in 1993 in Bochum, Germany. Since then the charity, with its 190 volunteers spread across Germany, has grown with each day and become a beacon of hope for people in crisis. Kurdish Red Moon runs to the aid of vulnerable people under all conditions and is the only aid organization of Kurdistan. Kurdish Red Moon has endeavoured to help, aid and reach people with its brochure. Furthermore, as we value transparency, all our work has been made public.
Kurdish Red Moon, through compassion and readiness, has made it a principle to work on the basis of transparency and meticulousness, to ensure funds reach families in need safely. This vision ensures the importance of cooperation of all branches of society and values every contribution to help people in need and alleviate their suffering.
Kurdish Red Moon’s purpose is to carry out its activities in light of universal values and principles, with the aim to bring assistance free from discrimination in its national and international capacity to alleviate human suffering in Kurdistan and wherever it may be found, with precedence to
- War zones and areas experiencing the effects of war;
- Disaster areas;
- Areas of poverty in all countries and regions.
- To build bridges between those in need and those willing to help.
- To make no discrimination when relieving the suffering of individuals.
- To master the understanding of being diligent in cooperation.
- To be responsible and guiding in our duty.
- Not to interfere but support endeavors with our involvement.
- To make it our duty to endlessly follow-up on our aid.
- To demonstrate our unity and carry out our efforts committedly.
- Not to expect any gain or compensation for our actions.
- To communicate our fundamental principles in shaping our activities and projects.
As the Kurdistan Red Crescent, we express our deep sorrow for those who have lost their lives due to recent earthquakes. In accordance with our duty and responsibility, our organisation has decided to send aid to the earthquake victims as soon as possible. The Kurdistan Red Crescent is only collecting financial aid and will soon meet the families who need urgent help.
On this basis, we appeal to the Kurds and all our friends in Europe and abroad to help the earthquake victims through the Kurdistan Red Crescent.