LINKE Internationals February Organizing meeting
Time & Location
About the Event
1. What’s happening in the world?
- Strikes in France
- Democrat primaries in the US
2. Our “normal” meetings
- 24 February - Visiting a Bangladeshi Clothing factory - or why there is not ethical consumption under capitalism with Tekle Selargrew
- 23 March – Borders and Citizenship controls - from the EU to India
- 27 April – Social Movements in Latin America with Tomas Uson (who’ll be just back from Chile and Peru)
What do we want to discuss? What speakers do we want for the March meeting?
3. Public meeting on Golden Dawn and the NSU
The LAG Antifa are organising this meeting with us. It will be in German and English
a description in German and English is at https://www.theleftberlin.com/events/staat-und-rechter-terror-goldener-morgenrote-und-der-nsu
- Changes to the text?
- Who can design a flyer (Antony?)
- Where can we give out the flyer?
4. Meeting at the LINKE Neukölln Conference, 21 March
Strategy debate goes on: what can we learn from the international left? With Carmela Negrete (Spanien), Thom McGath (USA) and Berlin for India (invited). The meeting will be at 10am in German
- Any questions?
5. Meeting at the LINKE Mitte Feminist Conference, 23 May
The organisers should be here to tell us about it
6. LINKE Strategy Debate
The conference in Kassel on 29 February / 1 March is booked out, but some of us are on the waiting list
We are planning a meeting to discuss the conference and to suggest resolutions to party conference. We will also be (re-)electing conference delegates at this meeting.
Suggested date for the meeting is Tuesday, 21st April. Does anyone have a problem with this date?
7. Week-end Conference
Funding from the rosa luxemburg stiftung looks unlikely at the level we were wanting. Time to go into plan B
Who needs to do what?
Do we need another meeting of the orga team?
8. Stickers and Visiting Cards
We couldn’t get the funding on last year’s budget, so we’re talking our time.
Antony’s designs for the stickers are at https://www.theleftberlin.com/hidden-page
9. Possible LAG podcast
10. Anything else
- Demo against the AfD in Erfurt, 15 Feb
- Summer Camp in Hermsdorf, 18-19 July – planning meeting in April?
- Signing up LAG members
- Report back from meetings with Sudanese, Indian and Egyptian activists