Berlin LINKE Internationals organising meeting
Time & Location
About the Event
On Sunday (17th November) at 2pm, the LINKE Internationals will be having our next Orga meeting in Café Plume, Warthestraße 60. The orga meetings are where we organise what we’re going to be doing next. Anyone is welcome to take part.
This time, we want to also inject a little more political discussion, so we’ll start with a look at what’s going on in the world. Elizabeth will talk about the current situation in the US, and one of the Brits can report from the Corbyn election campaign. If there’s anywhere you want to talk about (Bolivia, Chile, Spain/Catalonia…), please either make a suggestion in advance or just come along.
Here’s a draft agenda. If you have any suggested changes, please let us know. As ever, we’re contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What’s going on in the world? Reports from the US, Britain and elsewhere
2. British elections Report from the Berlin4Jeremy group What do we want to talk about in our meeting with Carol McGuigan (chair, Labour Berlin)? Its on Monday 25th November in the Roter Laden LAG statement on the elections (Phil will prepare a draft statement which we can alter as necessary then make public)
3. Keihnachtsfest Preparation of our party on 7th December – invitations, raffle, organising micro and speakers
4. Big meetings next year - With lawyer for trial against Golden Dawn, - With leader of the Belgian workers party, - Conference on Social upheavals later in the year Where are we and what do we need to do?
5. Slogans for stickers Last chance to make suggestions. Is Antony still ok to design them?
6. LAG membership To protect our conference delegate, we need all LAG members to register at https://dielinke.berlin/nc/partei/igag/lag-internationals/eintreten/. How do we make sure that this happens?
7. Anything else? Demo against AfD Conference, 30 November in Braunschweig Offer for a meeting on labor struggles and political situation in the US. (between 23/11 and 2/12) Possible meeting subjects for next year Time to think about LAG elections again There is (or will be) some background info on some of the above topics. We don’t want this mail to be any longer than it is, but if you ask, we can send you this info.