Berlin Internationals orga meeting August 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
Here’s a first suggestion for an agenda:
1. Meeting with Daniele Obono, 2 September
- Confirm the meeting title
- Do we want other speakers?
- Do we want a small meeting together, like last time?
- Technical stuff – who needs to do what?
- Who can/should chair?
- How do we let people know?
2a. Summer Camp in Hermsdorf – programme
Currently, the programme looks like this. Have all speakers confirmed? Do we need to swap any meetings?
- Saturday, 2.30pm: 10 years Arab Spring
- Saturday, 2.30pm: Challenging LGBT Zones in Poland
- Saturday, 2.30pm: Organising Tech Workers
- Saturday, 4pm: Die LINKE in Super Election Year 2020
- Saturday, 8.30pm: Book reading with Jacinta Nandi
- Sunday, 11am: Discussing Palestine in Germany
- Sunday, 11am: Using Social Media
- Sunday, 11am: Organising Care workers
- Sunday, 12.30pm: Report back from theleftberlin.com team
- Sunday, 2pm: Fighting Modi in India and Berlin
- Sunday, 2pm: Stop the privatisation of the Berlin S-Bahn
- Sunday, 2pm: Organising migrants and refugees
- Sunday, 4pm: Fighting for fair rents in Berlin
Is the programme ok as it is, or do we need to make any other changes?
2b. Summer Camp in Hermsdorf – Responsibilities
So far, the following things must be organised (we already have some people responsible)
- Cooking (Antony and Julie)
- Picking up food from the supermarket (best someone with a car)
- Programme (Phil + ??)
- Culture programme (??)
- Photographs (Antony)
- Livestream (do we want to organise a Livestream for the big Events?)
- Organising reports from each Workshop
- Childcare (so far no-one has guaranteed that they will bring children)
2c. Summer Camp in Hermsdorf – Accommodation
So far we have the following information from registrations (though plenty of LINKE Internationals peoplehaven’t registered yet. Please fill in the form at https://www.theleftberlin.com/events/summer-camp/form)
- 16 people have registered
- 12 will be there all week-end
- 2 will be there Saturday only
- 7 need accommodation
- 4 can bring a tent
- 2 can camp if we provide a tent
- 2 haven’t sent details about accommodation / when they’ll be there yet
How can we fairly organise accommodation? Are we able to organise extra tents?
2d. Summer Camp in Hermsdorf – letting people know
Who needs to do what?
3. Future meetings
We’ve been talking about organising a meeting on China at the end of September. What resonance have we received so far from speakers? What do we need to do next?